Neck pain is felt by people of all ages and can range in severity. When someone is experiencing neck pain, they need to get to the root of the problem as soon as possible so treatment can be sought. It is important individuals are aware of the signs they should look for to determine if they need a neck pain doctor NE Portland.
What Are the Common Causes of Neck Pain?
Most people will experience some degree of neck pain in their lives. Most of the time, the cause is something simple that can be resolved quickly. In some cases, neck pain can have a more serious cause that needs to be investigated by the neck pain doctor NE Portland.
- A poor sleeping position is one of the most common reasons for people suffering from neck pain. Improper pillow support and a poor position can lead to neck strains that become painful.
- As a person ages, their neck can become painful because of wear and tear. The bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons can all suffer from wear and tear damage.
- Neck pain can also result from whiplash caused by a car accident. Whiplash can be treated, but it does take time to recover from this injury.
- Acute torticollis causes the neck to become painfully stuck in an awkward position. Some people say they have a crick in the neck when this happens.
- Stress and anxiety are both common factors causing neck pain. These both cause tension in the neck, which makes the muscles tight and leads to pain.
- Brachial plexus injuries can also cause neck pain. This injury affects a series of nerves that connect the hand to the spinal cord. In this type of injury, pain can radiate from the neck and down to the hand.
Schedule a Chiropractic Appointment For Neck Pain Relief
Neck pain can be acute or chronic in nature. Both types can be treated by a chiropractor. When individuals are suffering from neck pain, a chiropractor will get to the root cause and offer non-invasive treatments that bring about relief. Call to schedule your appointment right away.