WE LOVE THIS RECIPE. It’s simple, fresh, and chock full of whole ingredients: from veggies to proteins, and very a very good dose of healthy fat. It’s so nourishing, plus it’s gorgeous and always promises loads compliments. Give this one a try, and you’ll be a winner with any crowd.
- 1 Cup uncooked Quinoa (I prefer white quinoa in this dish, but any style will do)
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Can (15 oz) Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Bell Pepper (any color but green)
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar (may substitute with Red Wine Vinegar, if you prefer)
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the packaging/type of quinoa you are using.
- Chop and Dice all vegetables, drain and rinse garbanzo beans, place these ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt, whisk well.
- Once Quinoa is cool, pour in mixing bowl with the vegetables and beans.
- Pour dressing over the mixture and toss well.
Simple and easy, great for every season. We hope you’ll give this nourishing dish a try!