Sweet potatoes are easily one of our favorite foods. They’re nutrient dense, simple to cook, and make a brightly colored addition to any dish. While there are many ways to cook sweet potatoes, the recipe below is one of our favorites:
- 2 Large, or 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- Yellow Mustard
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Clean and slice your sweet potatoes into either rounds, or half rounds (pictured above)
- In a mixing bowl, place chopped potatoes – then top with coconut oil, healthy drizzle of mustard (shown below) healthy sprinkling of paprika and garlic powder (I typically eyeball it, but the measurements listed above are approximate), and Salt and Pepper.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients together, this is easiest since the coconut oil needs to be massaged into the potatoes, and you also get a feel for the seasonings. You’re going for a a slightly gritty feeling on your hands, that’s how you know it’s seasoned right.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place potatoes evenly across the sheet.
- Bake on top shelf at 400 degrees for 40 minutes